What is Weeknight Website and why do you design with it?
What is Weeknight Website and why do you design with it?
You’re probably used to hearing about the big leagues when it comes to website design – Squarespace, WordPress, Elementor, Divi, Wix – but are likely less familiar with Weeknight Website. So I’m going to tell you a bit about what Weeknight Website is, how it compares to other platforms, why I choose to build using their platform, and why it may be suitable to you.
Weeknight Website is a WordPress platform that allows you to design with all the amazing functionalities that WordPress is known for. Your heart may have skipped a beat when I said “WordPress” as it’s often known to be complex and not always intuitive. But I promise you, Weeknight Website cuts out the fuss and allows you to build a beautiful website without the headache. And to be honest, that’s why I chose it. Not to save me the headache, but to make web maintenance easy for you. I don’t want you to have to worry about hosting, small changes, and maintaining and updating plugins. However, if you don’t want to maintain your website yourself, I can take care of this for you (get in touch to discuss website maintenance). Plus, you can be confident in your choice as over ⅓ of all websites online are built with WordPress.
So what do you get with a Weeknight Website subscription?
- Hosting and plug-in maintenance are handled by Weeknight Website. They have a library of frequently requested plugins (over $600 worth) so you save on both the cost of these as well as the stress of ensuring they are up-to-date.
- You can easily swap out images from your most recent branding shoot or upload your most recent single (PS, I will provide instructions on how to do this in the future).
- A tutorial library to help you learn the fundamentals.
- Ongoing support from their fabulous team in case you get stuck. That means if website maintenance is not in your budget, you can reach out to their team and they will guide you through any updates you want to make.
How does Weeknight Website compare to other platforms:
- Squarespace: Known for its user-friendly and intuitive design, Squarespace can be suitable for some. However, I can typically spot when a website was built using Squarespace because it’s cookie-cutter and basic. That is because getting fancy in Squarespace requires custom code for virtually everything. Plus, getting fancy comes at a higher price.
- Wix: Wix can be good for some situations, but not all. Yes, there is a free option, but do you really want Wix’s branding plastered all over your website? If you want an online store, Wix may not be the best option for you, especially if you are selling digital products.
- ShowIt: ShowIt sites are becoming increasingly popular. I must admit, I have seen some stunning websites built using ShowIt. However, if you want a blog, you must pay more for it. Plus, their blogs use WordPress (that’s saying something). Additionally, ShowIt does not support eCommerce, so if you need a shop, ShowIt is not for you.
- Elementor: Elementor is another WordPress builder. And although many people use it, it’s not a one-stop solution. You also need to purchase hosting and plugins, which inherently come with maintenance. Weeknight Website provides these for you.
I’m actually not trying to convince you that Weeknight Website is the best option. In fact, it may not always be. And I will be the first to admit that. When I take you on as a client, I ensure that Weeknight Website will be a suitable option based on what you say your needs are. I am always open to learning new platforms if there is one that is a better fit. Get in touch to discuss this option.
Here are some of the amazing features that Weeknight Website offers:
- Create a store with Shopify Lite ($9 USD/month).
- Easily transfer an existing WordPress website
- Add Facebook Pixel and Google Analytics to your website.
- Use the Yoast SEO plugin to improve your Google ranking.
- Use Fusebox Player to easily host your podcast.
- Create custom forms with Gravity Forms
- Grow your email list with a range of providers including: ActiveCampaign, AWeber, Campaign Monitor, Campayn, Constant Contact, ConvertKit, Drip, Email Address (This choice sends the subscriber name and email to an email address of your choosing), Enormail, GetResponse, Godaddy Email Marketing, Hatchbuck, iContact, iContact Pro, Infusionsoft, Mad Mimi, MailChimp, MailPoet (requires MailPoet plugin enabled), Mailrelay, Mautic Ontraport, SendinBluez
- Embed your Instagram account and link other socials so people can easily find you
- Add Facebook Chat to your website so people can get in touch with you
If you’re looking for a no-fuss website, Weeknight Website may be the solution. If you have any questions about Weeknight Website, or websites in general, find me on Instagram or contact me at email@example.com.
Until next time,
*Please note, some of this information is taken from Weeknight Website (link), although it has been written in my own words. Additionally, this information is accurate at the time of writing this blog post. Weeknight Website is constantly updating its platforms and plugins, and thus some of this information may become outdated.
Who we are
Trademark Virtual is a website and design studio serving clients across the globe. We are passionate about helping people use websites as a resource to free up time and strengthen online presence. Our design approach is customized to each client to ensure that their unique pain points are understood and addressed.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of promotions, updates, and website tips and tricks. We don’t send emails often and promise to only send value-packed content.
Ready to get started?
Send us a message to (briefly) tell us what you're looking for. We'll book a complimentary consultation to discuss your needs in more detail and curate a custom package for you.